Published on 01/01/2022
- last modified on 07/02/2022
Your new career in Coreso
Coreso SA, located in Brussels, is looking for a Shift Engineer.
The Shift Engineer occupies a shift-based function, within an operational team. An intensive 3-month training program will be given, to give you the knowledge needed for this function.
The team’s task is to monitor the electricity flows between countries of the Coreso’s Observability area (Western Europe) in accordance with the network safety rules.
Shift Engineers are mainly responsible for providing Security Analysis and cross borders capacity calculation for Stakeholders.
Let us give you a preview of your future mission!
Being a Shift Engineer your main tasks will be:
Shift mission e.g.:
- Calculate the capacity for the cross borders exchanges, assess the level of security of the electrical system and ensure the power of supply
- Provide to the TSOs the implementation of optimized and coordinated remedial actions required to master these risks (network diagrams, generation values, etc.) based on safety studies of the network
Office mission e.g.:
- Perform “common activities” linked to the corporate global objectives
- Contribute to projects (can be linked to another department)
- Perform ex-post analysis when a stressed situation happened (regional event, service disruption…)
The above tasks are not exhaustive. Together with your line manager you have some room to fill in the job description to what you think is important in your job. After all, you are the expert!
What are we looking for?
- You hold a master’s degree (or equivalent) in engineering or other if relevant.
- Electromechanical knowledge
- Asset: professional experience on the RSC activities or at a TSO in system operations or operational planning, or related field
- You can describe yourself as being able to:
- Communicate concisely and efficient;
- Solve problems;
- Adapt easily
- Analyse problems
- You can communicate fluently in English both written and oral;
- You are a team player, interested to work in a fast-paced environment with challenging activities to contribute to a rapid-growing organization such as Coreso
We offer a market conform salary package with extra-legal benefits on top! Curious to know more, apply now!
Apply for this job >