Operations Database Trainee
Published on 15/03/2021
Your position in Coreso
Coreso SA, located in Brussels, is offering a 6-months internship, starting April 2021.
As a trainee at Coreso SA you will work within an international and dynamic team striving for operational excellence.
In the framework of RCC’s, Coreso SA deals with big amounts of data linked with its operational services, making data management a key aspect of its performance. One of the data tools we use at Coreso SA is the DADS (Data Acquisition and Display System), which gathers forecast and real-time data from the European electricity grid, among others.
You will work in the Operations Department assisting the team managing the DADS, ensuring that it is kept up to date and that Coreso SA benefits from its potential.
Objectives to be delivered
Together with the rest of the DADS team, you will be a key player in upgrading and improving the DADS from several perspectives:
- Maintenance of the DADS database:
- The ever-changing European electricity grid requires monitoring all the grid-developments so that the DADS database is kept up to date.
- Identify new KPIs to be implemented in the database
- Development of tools: In order to make a better use of the DADS’ potential and after gaining enough knowledge, the second part of the internship is aimed at developing tools (such as displays) to provide our operators with relevant information.
What are we looking for?
- Students in final year or recent graduates of master’s degree (or equivalent) in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or other if relevant. Electromechanical knowledge is a plus.
- Confident in database management, ideally in Osisoft PI Systems or similar. In general, good command of Microsoft suite and other common computer software.
- Ability to communicate fluently in English both written and oral.
- You can describe yourself as being able to:
- Communicate concisely and efficiently
- Plan and organize activities
- To be adaptable and innovative
- You are a team player, interested to work in a fast-paced environment with challenging activities to contribute to a rapid-growing organization such as Coreso.
Apply for this job >